Golf has always been an important part of the Stuart Rowlands Public Relations platform, with emphasis on corporate involvement in tournaments, exhibitions, and golf course openings. We also assist sponsors in finding golf related events that can fit their budgets and increase their visibility:
- Manage and staff press rooms at golf events/tournaments; prepare media materials for distribution
- Call the corporate/golf/sports media personally to invite them to an event.
- Prepare eye catching stories for the media to write about
- Coordinating player publicity, through media days exposing the key players to the press that make the biggest impact.
- Design and produce private pre-publicity events that attract media to sponsors, and premiere corporate customers
- Educate players on talking points that meet the needs of sponsors’ involvement
- Work with media to develop out-of-the-box, unique stories on a more personal level
- Assist golf equipment manufacturers in reaching out to the media for products reviews.
His assignments included managing Arnold Palmer, Nancy Lopez and Gary Player publicity and press room appearances at tournaments both in the USA and Europe, made for TV event publicity (CBS TV - Challenge of the Sexes) and advising on IMG client(s) image as a member of the Worldwide Golf Committee.
After leaving IMG, Stuart opened Stuart Rowlands Public Relations in Los Angeles in 1983 with IMG as his first client, with assignments that included promotional tours with Nancy Lopez, publicizing the LPGA J&B Scotch ‘Gold Putter’ award and managing the on-site golf course pre-launch media campaign for Greg Norman’s first course design on the Island of Lanai, Hawaii. Other golf publicity and PR assignments through the years have included the entertainment PR for the Andy Williams San Diego Open, Bridgestone Tires sponsorship of the Los Angeles Open, Media Room management and West Coast publicity for the Colgate Dinah Shore, the Zero Development Tour (event PR) and the national opening of the Jack Nicklaus design of the Sherwood Country Club in Thousand Oaks, Ca., for Dole Foods (for many years, the site of the Tiger Woods World Challenge).